THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
February 8, 2016
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster- District 1 (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Directors Absent: N/A
1. Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
2. Pledge of Allegiance. Heath Hoffman led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors present.
4. Public comment. No public comment was offered.
5. Consent Agenda: Director Schwab made a motion to approve the consent agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-2 with Director Michalec and Director Campbell abstaining as they were not in attendanc e for the January meeting.
a. Approval of minutes from the January 11, 2016 Regular Meeting
b. Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
c. Monthly financial report(s)
d. Monthly operations report
6. District Order 2016-001 – Order calling for the May ih, 2016 Directors Election. Director Schwab made a motion to sign Order 2016-001 calling for the May 7, 2016 Election. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 5-0-0.
7. Support letter for the Cibolo Conservancy Land Trust and the Brown Ranch Upper Cibolo Bench Lands Preserve. A letter was composed by the District supporting the Cibolo Conservancy Land Trust’s application for matching funds with the Texas Farm and Ranch Conservation Program. Director Michalec made a motion to approve the letter. The motion was seconded by
Director Dietzmann and passed 4-0-1 with Director Webster abstaining to avoid a conflict of interest.
8. District activities & subcommittee updates:
a. Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staffs monthly report.
b. Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 1.
c. Meteorological update. Mr. Knollhoff provided his update. Cibolo Nature Center and John Kight would like to participate with the evapotransporation gauges. Mr. Knollhofr s recommendation is to purchase 2 gauges to be placed at the Cibolo Nature Center and John Kight’s house.
d. GMA 9. A subcommittee met Monday, January 27, 2016. The GMA will meet again in March and will begin working on DFC’s
e. Rulemaking subcommittee update. Director Webster informed the Board that the rulemaking subcommittee has met and has laid out an action plan. They plan to meet again next month.
f. Update on District vehicle repair. The District’s vehicle is back in good running order.
9. Closed Session: Personnel Matters (§551.074). The Board moved in to closed session at 6:40 P.M. The Board returned from closed session at 6:53 P.M.
10. Action relevant to items discussed in closed session. No action.
11. Correspondence. No correspondence has been received from the Kendall County Farm Bureau.
12. Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be held Monday, March 14, 2016. A workshop will be held pertaining to Real Property on March 14, 2016 at 4:00 P.M.
13. Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 6:55 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
Download Agenda as PDF