THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
September 14, 2020
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:01 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Micah Voulgaris led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with all Directors present.
- Public comment: Meteorological Information requested on website.
- Public Hearing on the proposed 2020-2021 Budget: No public comment was offered.
- Public Hearing on the proposed 2020 Tax Rate: The proposed tax rate is $0.005 (1/2¢) per $100 of valuation: No public comment was offered.
- Adoption of the 2020-2021 Budget: Motion to adopt the 2020-2021 Budget by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved by unanimous vote, 5-0-0.
- Adoption of the 2020 Tax Rate: Motion to adopt the 2020 Tax Rate of $0.005 per $100 of valuation by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Bloxsom Approved by unanimous vote, 5-0-0.
- Consent Agenda: Motion was made by Director Webster to approve the consent agenda which was seconded by Director Campbell. Minutes approved by all present at the August Meeting, 4-0-1.
- Approval of minutes from the August 10th, 2020 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: Micah presented Staff’s monthly report
- Meteorological/ET study update, Dave Knollhoff: Mr. Knollhoff presented his report.
- Current drought stage: Directors concur on keeping at Stage 2.
- Subcommittee Updates: N/A
- GMA 9: Discussion on Ellenberger DFC
- JBSA Camp Bullis Sentinel Landscape Consortium: Director Michalec provided information on the program.
- Update and action on rainwater harvesting system for the District Office: Micah presented amount of water usage at the District Office and what the rainwater harvesting system had captured and possible use of rainwater barrels for a smaller harvesting system.
- Discussion and action on purchasing a lawn mower for the District: Motion was made by Director Campbell to purchase lawn mower, provided insurance is secured for the equipment, seconded by Director Webster. Motion carries 5-0-0.The Board directed Staff to use the line item 6090 to fund the purchase.
- Texans for Responsible Aggregate Mining: Director Michalec presented information on the Texans for Responsible Aggregate Mining group
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: Year-end report will be presented in November, the Board Meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 13th at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment: A motion was made by Director Michalec to adjourn at 7:05 P.M., seconded by Director Webster. Motion passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF