THE STATE OF TEXAS COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
September 14, 2015
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened a Workshop in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster – District 1(Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/ Treasurer)
Directors Absent: N/ A
- Call to Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:06 P.M.
- Pledge of Director Campbell led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a A quorum was reached with 5 directors present.
- Public No public comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Michalec made a motion to approve the Consent The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the August 10th, 2015 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the August 10th 2015 Workshop
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Public Hearing on the 2015-2016 Proposed Budget and the 2015 Tax Rate of $0.005 per $100 (one half of one cent per $100.00 of valuation). Director Michalec opened the public hearing 6:11 P.M. GM Voulgaris went through the proposed budget and Tax Rate. Director Michalec closed the public hearing at 6:12 P.M
- Closed Session: The Board will meeting closed session in regard to personnel matters (§551.074) The Board met in closed session regarding personnel matters.
- Discussion and adoption of the 2015-2016 After closed session Director Campbell made a motion to adjust the cost of living raise from 2.5% to 3.0 %. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 5-0-0. GM Voulgaris noted the budgeted revenue is $394,414.00 with expenses at $384,348.00 leaving a reserve of $10,066. Director Michalec made a motion to approve the proposed FY2015-2016 Budget. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 5-0-0.
- Adoption of the 2015 Tax Rate of $0.005 per $100 (one half of one cent per $100 of valuation). Director Schwab made a motion to approve the tax rate for FY2015-2016. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 5-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the Staff’s monthly report.
- Current drought stage. Director Schwab made a motion to move to Stage 2 Drought Restrictions. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
- GMA 9 – September 28th, 9:00 A.M. Meeting. Discussed under item 11.
- Watershed Stewardship Initiative (319 Grant). GM reported the Grant was completed and are awaiting a final invoice from TCEQ.
- Website subcommittee update. Director Campbell felt the proposal submitted by Rudkin Productions was reasonable and to set for an agenda item for discussion and possible action at the October Regular Meeting.
- Real Property subcommittee update. GM Voulgaris consulted with the attorney and will provide an update under item 12.
- Rules subcommittee update. No action taken.
- Resolution authorizing the District’s GMA 9 representative to vote for a proposed desired future condition of 30 feet of drawdown in the Trinity (same as 2010) and to vote on the declaration of relevant /not-relevant status of some of the minor aquifers. These declarations will be based on local hydrogeology, areal distribution, or in some cases, specific requests by local GCDs. Director Michalec made a motion to adopt the resolution as presented. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
- Authorize the Real Property subcommittee to retain a real estate agent/broker for the possible procurement of real property. Director Campbell made a motion to authorize the Real Property subcommittee ‘the option’ to retain a real estate agent/broker. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 5-0-0.
- Correspondence. No correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at XXX. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF