THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
September 11, 2017
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Historic Kendall County Courthouse, located at 204 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Directors Present: Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Directors Absent: N/A
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Heath Hoffman led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors present.
- Public comment. No comment was offered
- Public Hearing on the 2017-2018 proposed budget. The Public Hearing opened at 6:03 P.M. No comment was offered, thus the Public Hearing closed at 6:04 P.M.
- Public Hearing on the 2017 tax rate. The proposed tax rate is $0.005 (1/2¢) per $100 of value. The Public Hearing opened at 6:04 P.M. No comment was offered, thus the Public Hearing closed at 6:04 P.M.
- Consideration of adoption of the 2017- 2018 budget and 2017 tax rate. Director Dietzmann made a motion to adopt the FY 2017-2018 budget as presented with revenues at $388,635, expenses at $383,166 and a reserve of $5,469. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0. Director Schwab made a motion to adopt the tax rate of ½ cent per $100 of value. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 5-0-0.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to adopt Consent Agenda items A and B as presented. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 3-0-2, with Directors Schwab and Michalec abstaining. Director Webster made a motion to adopt Consent Agenda items C, D, and E as presented. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the August 14th, 2017 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the August 14th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. Gm Voulgaris provided the District’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. No update
- Current drought stage. Director Dietzmann made a motion to move to Stage 2 Drought Restrictions. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
- GMA 9 update. No update.
- Subcommittee updates.
- Director Webster and GM Voulgaris met with the Kendall County Commissioners to discuss developments in the county.
- The Rule-making subcommittee would like to move forward as quickly as possible with rules changes.
- The Real Estate subcommittee informed the Board that the manufactured home that was located on 9 Toepperwien has been removed and the back funds that were held over from the purchase of the property have been released.
- 4th Annual Texas Hydro~Geo Workshop. The workshop is set to take place Friday-Sunday, September 15-17, 2017. A module on hydrogeology and well monitoring will be hosted by staff.
- Discussion and possible action on the 2017-2018 lease for 221 Water Street. Director Webster made a motion to authorize GM Voulgaris to sign the lease agreement contract pending modifications by the Real Estate Subcommittee. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
- Discussion and possible action on a contract for architectural services. Director Campbell made a motion to have GM Voulgaris sign th e contract with Peter Lewis at a price not to exceed $9,800. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
- Correspondence. GM Voulgaris read a letter from TCEQ regarding a concrete plant at 236 SH 46 East.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The CCGCD Board of Directors will have a Rulemaking Workshop with District Attorney, Monique Norman, on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 3:00 P.M. The next Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors will take place on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 6:46 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF