THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
December 9, 2019
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Webster called the meeting to order at 6:03 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Campbell led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was established with three Directors present (Director Michalec arrived during Item 4).
- Public comment. None offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-1 with Director Bloxsom abstaining.
- Approval of minutes from the October 15th, 2019 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the October 15th, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates.
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. The Board reviewed Dave Knollhoff’s weather report.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Stage 1 Drought Restrictions.
- Management Plan. GM Voulgaris will bring the revised management plan to the December meeting to propose for a public hearing in January.
- GMA 9. GM Voulgaris gave an update on GMA 9
- Subcommittee updates. No other updates were given.
- Aquifer Watch. GM Voulgaris and Heath talked to the Board about changing the aquifer watch to departure from monthly average instead of departure from January average.
- Annual State of the District Report FY 2018-2019. GM Voulgaris gave the State of the District Report.
- Discussion and action on the Interlocal Agreement for Lobbying Services thru the summer of 2021. After discussion, Director Webster made a motion to authorize GM Voulgaris to sign the Interlocal Agreement for Lobbing Services through the summer of 2021. Director Campbell seconded the motion and passed 4-0-0.
- Discussion and action on the GMA 9 consulting contract for the 3rd GMA 9 Regional Planning cycle. After discussion, Director Campbell made a motion to authorize GM Voulgaris to sign the GMA 9 Consulting Contract for the 3rd GMA 9 Regional Planning cycle. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 4-0-0.
- Correspondence. GM Voulgaris notified the Board that he is participating in the petition for inquiry for Starr County GCD. He also presented a bid for a rainwater system for the District office building.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, December 9, 2019 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Campbell motioned to adjourn at 6.56 P.M. Director Webster seconded the motion which passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF