THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
May 23, 2017
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened a Workshop in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Directors Present: Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer) – arrived during agenda item 5
Directors Absent: Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
- Call to Order. Director Dietzmann called the meeting to order at 4:05 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Webster led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 4 directors present.
- Public comment. No public comment was offered.
- Update by Boerne ISD on the proposed Voss Middle School to be located in Bergheim. Mr. Gideon with BISD gave a presentation on the proposed middle school and the growth of BISD. Director Webster stated that based on data from monitor wells in the area, the experience of the Glenwood subdivision (Comal County) and the general hydrogeology of the area; he did not believe that groundwater would be a reliable source of water for the proposed school. He further stated that even if a test well produced a good flow rate initially, it would not sustain that rate with continued pumping, as occurred in the nearby subdivision.
- Workshop: Draft Request for Qualifications for a design/build of the District office to be located at #9 Toepperwein Road in Boerne. GM Voulgaris provided an update on moving forward with building a District office and the processes involved.
- Action relative to items discussed in the Workshop. No action.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 5:51 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF