THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
May 14, 2018
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Dietzmann led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors present.
- Oath of Office for the newly elected Directors. County Clerk Darlene Herrin read the Statement of Elected and Appointed Officials and administered the Oath of Office to swear in elected Directors Campbell, Webster and Bloxsom.
- Election of Officers. Director Webster made a motion to nominate Director Michalec as President and Director Schwab as Vice President. The motion was seconded by Director Bloxsom and passed 5-0-0. Director Schwab made a motion to nominate Director Campbell for the Treasurer position. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 5-0-0. Director Campbell made a motion to nominate Director Webster as Secretary and Director Bloxsom as Assistant Secretary/Treasurer. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec with the motion passing 5-0-0.
- Recognition of outgoing Director Don Dietzmann. Director Michalec expressed his gratitude for Director Dietzmann’s service on the CCGCD Board and presented him with a plaque.
- Public comment. Don Dietzmann thanked the Board for allowing him to serve with them as a Director.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the April 9th, 2018 Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Update on #9 Toepperwein property. A pre-bid meeting was held Thursday, May 10, 2018. Contractors had the opportunity to come in and ask questions about the bid package. The bid opening will be Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 6:00 P.M.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. No update.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 2.
- GMA 9 update. No additional update outside of Ron Fieseler’s presentation regarding legislation representation. Director Campbell informed the Board that Region L added two additional water seats. A unique seat was created for those representing water code districts that do not fall under Chapter 36. A municipal water seat were added as well.
- Management Plan. No update.
- Subcommittee updates. No update.
- Review and possible action on Legislative Representation Agreement during the 2018 and 2019 Texas Legislative season. Ron Fieseler, GM of Blanco Pedernales GCD, spoke on action occurring in the legislative season. Mr. Fieseler will provide a proposal from Attorney Greg Ellis to GM Voulgaris to share with the Board, to further investigate the lobbying options for local groundwater districts.
- Correspondence. Vulcan Materials Company sent a letter out combating accusations that have been circulating recently. Director Michalec has a document with additional information regarding this he’ll share with the Board. Director Schwab received correspondence regarding excavation near the Guadalupe River on FM 474.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. A Special Meeting will be held Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 6:00 P.M. regarding bids for 9 Toepperwein Road. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, June 11, 2018 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Campbell made a motion to adjourn at 7:25 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Bloxsom and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF