THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
March 9, 2020
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Campbell led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors present.
- Public comment. Mr. Imler spoke about the City of Boerne’s water study.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Bloxsom and passed 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the February 10th, 2020 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Variance request: Director Campbell made a motion to approve the modification to relocate 10 of the 19 drilling permits to adjacent properties now under the same ownership. A transfer of ownership fee of $500 will be assessed. The wells will need to be completed within the assigned current duration of the permit. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-1 with Director Eldredge abstaining
- Request for relief from District rule 3.2.D. The owner, Brad Waibel, is requesting permission to relocate 10 of the 19 exempt domestic and livestock wells from the original tracts at 9198 Ranger Creek Road to adjacent properties now under the same ownership.
- Order Canceling the 2020 May 13 CCGCD Regular Election. Director Michalec will sign the order cancelling the May 13, 2020 Election.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the Staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update and ET study update, Dave Knollhoff. Mr. Knollhoff provided his meteorological update. He also recommended purchasing another ET Gauge. Director Webster made a motion to approve the purchase of 3 new gauges. The funds to purchase will be taken from aquifer research budget line item of 6205. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 1.
- Subcommittee Updates. Well Intel has presented the District with their well monitoring system. Director Michalec spoke on Proposition 8 funding presented by Mr. Bailey at the February 10, 2020 meeting. Region L:
- GMA 9. May 4th meeting in Kerrville. Region L: Director Campbell spoke about the 5 planning cycles they have been working on. The draft regional water plan – IPP has been passed. There will be public meetings in May to show the plans.
- Cyber Security Training. GM Voulgaris is looking into the options of training.
- Update and action on rainwater harvesting system for the District Office. The proposal for the rainwater harvesting system has been accepted. The District now needs to install a pad and pump house for the equipment. GM Voulgaris gave the proposals he has gathered. Director Campbell made a motion to authorize up to $12,000 for a slab and well house to be built. Director Michalec seconded the motion which passed 5-0-0.
- Correspondence. GM Voulgaris shared information from Ron Fiesler with Pedernales Blanco GCD about sponsoring a TAGD event. The District received a letter of approval from the TWDB on the Management Plan.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. Cyber Security Training is tentatively scheduled for 4:00 P.M. on April 13, 2020.
- Adjournment. Director Michalec made a motion to adjourn at 7:34 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Eldredge and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF