THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
March 14, 2016
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Don Dietzmann-At Large (Vice President) Bob Webster- District 1 (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer) Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
- Call to Order. Director Dietzmann called the meeting to order at 6:01 M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Webster led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 4 directors present.
- Public comment. No public comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Dietzmann will pull the financial statement to Item 8. Director Webster made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda with the exception of Item 5D. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the February 8th 2016 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the February st\ 2016 Workshop
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s) (pulled down to Item 8)
- Monthly operations report
- District Order 2016-002 – Order calling for the cancellation of the May i\ 2016 Directors Election. Director Schwab made a motion to sign District Order 2016-002 cancelling the May 7, 2016 The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Discussion and possible action regarding a District wide hazardous waste disposal day. Director Webster discussed with the Board the need to dispose with hazardous waste within the county with the thoughts of sharing the cost with the City of Boerne and Kendall County. The Board and staff discussed adding information to the District’s Website to educate the public. GM Voulgaris and Director Webster will work together to come up with a feasible plan and action to attack the disposal of hazardous waste.
- District activities & subcommittee updates: GM Voulgaris updated the Board on his visit with middle school students. The Board directed staff to make a wish list of what kind of models and tools would be helpful with the education for residents in the
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the District’s
- Current drought The District will remain in Drought Stage 1.
- Meteorological Three ET Gauges were purchased with distribution at the Nature Center, Dave Knollhoffs house and John Kight’s house.
- GMA A meeting will be held Thursday, March 17, 2016 to discuss the draft explanatory report. On Monday, April 4, 2016 GMA 9 will meet in Bandera to discuss public comments received during the comment period for the proposed DFC’s.
- Rulemaking subcommittee update. No update.
- Update on District GM Voulgaris updated the Board on the condition of the 2007 Ford F150.
- Action on District vehicles. Director Campbell made a motion to approve the purchase of a 2016 Ford F150 Double Cab Standard Bed 4X4 with a Bed Topper for the cost of $30,160 with additional money for miscellaneous costs for the total purchase not to exceed $31,000. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.Director Dietzmann made a motion to authorize staff to transfer $30,000 from Budgeted Reserves: Vehicle to line item 6215-Lease/Purchase New in the current budget. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 4-0-0.
- Financial Report pulled from Agenda Item SD. Director Dietzmann noted that some money may need to be moved from the District’s checking account to the Money Market account. Director Webster made a motion to move $200,000 from the Texas Heritage Bank Checking account to the Texas Heritage Bank Money Market account. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 4-0-0.
- Closed Session: Deliberation regarding real property (§551.072), The Board went into closed session at 7:20 M. Board moved out of closed session at 7:52 P.M.
- Action relevant to items discussed in closed session. Director Webster made a motion to have staff draft a letter to get notice on the status of the lease of the District’s office space to be read at the next meeting of the Kendall County Commissioner’s Court. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 4-0-0.
- No correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. A variance request was received regarding changing the configuration of a couple of lots in Skyview Acres. An agenda item will have this variance request at the next meeting. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board will be held April 11, 2016.
- Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 8:04 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
Download Agenda as PDF