THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
March 12, 2018
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
- Call to Order. Director Dietzmann called the meeting to order at 6:02 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Campbell led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with four directors present. Directors Michalec was not in attendance.
- Public comment. No comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve Consent Agenda Item A. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 3-0-1 with Director Schwab abstaining as he was not in attendance. Director Webster made a motion to approve Consent Agenda Items B, C, and D. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the February 12th, 2018 Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. GM Voulgaris read Dave Knollhoff’s meteorological update.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 2.
- GMA 9 update. GM Voulgaris attended a USGS Trinity Aquifer meeting at which he learned mapping was done on a small corner of Kendall County. Edwards Aquifer Authority is willing to finance some mapping of Cibolo Creek in the future.
- Management Plan. No updates.
- Subcommittee updates.
- Real Property: Peter Lewis informed GM Voulgaris that construction drawings will be pushed back from April 6, 2018 to a delivery date of April 20, 2018. GM Voulgaris was instructed to touch base with Mr. Lewis and get information regarding the geotechnical study at 9 Toepperwein Road.
- Rules Subcommittee: The subcommittee met with Kendall County and discussed fire wells. Those wells will be used for fire protection only and will not affect the density of the subdivision.
- Discussion and action concerning declaring District property as salvage and send to auction. Director Campbell made a motion to declare the list of property presented as salvage and move forward with putting it up for auction. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 4-0-0.
- Correspondence. Director Michalec met with Allan Bloxsom regarding his unopposed run for CCGCD At Large Director. Mr. Bloxsom will be sworn in at the May 14, 2018 Regular Meeting. GM Voulgaris will compose a letter to welcome Mr. Bloxsom. The District received correspondence from Texas Heritage Bank that the money market account interest rate is rising.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, April 9, 2018 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 6:50 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF