THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
March 11, 2019
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
- Call to Order. Bob Webster called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Heath Hoffman led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with four of five directors present. Director Michalec was not in attendance.
- Public comment. None offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to approve the consent agenda, which was seconded by Director Bloxsom and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the February 11th, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Discussion and action on an application for an operating permit for a new well. The Applicant, Shawn Greco is requesting 131,400 gallons annually from the proposed well. The water will be used to for domestic use and fire protection for Greco Bend Subdivision at 927 FM 473 in Boerne, TX 78006. Micah provided the Board with an overview of the permit application. Director Campbell made a motion to approve the permit for 131,400 gallons annually for domestic use and for fire protection. The permittee will be required to have two meters on the well to be located consistent with the GM’s recommendation. The permittee will be required to abide by the drought restrictions for non-exempt wells. The motion was seconded by Director Bloxsom and passed 4-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report Micah presented staff s monthly report.
- Meteorological update Dave Knollhoff’s report was reviewed.
- Current drought stage The District will remain in year round best management practices.
- Subcommittee updates N/A
- Management Plan Micah will begin the update process on the District’s management plan.
- Rulemaking Monique Norman. District Legal Counsel will come in April or May to help with the rulemaking process
- 2019 Legislative update Micah gave an update on proposed groundwater legislation.
- Discussion and possible action regarding the possibility of recording future CCGCD Board meetings Director Eldredge discussed preliminary efforts he has undertaken to possibly record future meetings. He and Director Campbell volunteered to provide a cost analysis and an update as a subcommittee at a future meeting.
- Correspondence Micah provided the Board with correspondence received as a result of a warning issued by the District.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics The next regular meeting will be held on April 8th at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment Motion to adjourn was made by Director Bloxsom and seconded by Director Eldredge and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF