THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
June 15, 2018
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened a Special Meeting at the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District office located at 221 Water Street, Boerne, TX 78006.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Vice President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 11:03 A.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Michalec led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors present.
- Public Comment. Don Dietzmann submitted written comments. (Attached)
- The Board may take action to resend, modify, or update any previous Board orders, actions or budgets relating to the construction of a new office at # 9 Toepperwein. Director Bloxsom made a motion to resend the motion from the April 9, 2018 Regular Meeting which allocated $325,000 to line item 6300 for the new office building and move monies back into reserves. Director Webster seconded the motion and passed 5-0-0.
- Discussion and possible action to establish the source of funding for the construction of a new office at #9 Toepperwein Road. The Board reviewed the FY17-18 Operating Budget, and the Districts Balance Sheet. Russell Tisdale stated that most construction projects are billed based on percentage of completion.
- Approve the bid and authorize the General Contract for a New Office Building at the #9 Toepperwein property. In compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Annotated the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District Board may meet in executive session for deliberation regarding real property (§551.072) and/or attorney- client matters (§551.071). The Board entered closed session at 11:25 A.M. The Board returned from closed session at 12:25 P.M. Director Webster made a motion that the irregularities in the initial bid by Tisdale Construction be waved and authorize the General Manager of CCGCD to negotiate and sign a contract with Tisdale Construction to build the District office and meeting room at 9 Toepperwein Road. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell passed 4-1-0 with Director Schwab voting against.
- Adjournment. Director Bloxsom made a motion to adjourn at 12:32 P.M. Director Campbell seconded the motion and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF