THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
June 10, 2019
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. General Manager Micah Voulgaris led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors present.
- Public comment. Denise Dever asked if the Board had any information on HB1806.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to approve consent agenda items A, C, D, and E; Director Webster seconded the motion which passed 5-0-0. Director Campbell made a motion to approve consent agenda item B. Director Webster seconded the motion which passed 4-0-1, with Director Bloxsom abstaining.
- Approval of minutes from the May 13th, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the May 13th, 2019 workshop
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Public Hearing on proposed amendments to District Rules. General Manager Micah Voulgaris presented the Board with all the appropriate posting notifications and hearing notices. Director Campbell went over the proposed rules. The Public Hearing was from 6:06 P.M. until 6:26 PM.
- Local resident John Kight opined that he felt the 1 acre foot/acre maximum was not practical. He believes that people might need more water than that. He also stated that we do not have that amount of water.
- Possible adoption of proposed amendments to District Rules Director Campbell made a motion to adopt the proposed rule amendments as presented (attached). Director Webster seconded the motion which carried 5-0-0.
- Operating Permit Applications:
- Discussion and action on an application for an operating permit for two new wells. The Applicant, Ken Vaught is requesting 41.29 acre feet annually from two wells. The water will be used to for irrigation, domestic and livestock use at 1146 FM 1376 in Sisterdale, TX. Micah presented the permit application. After discussion, Director Campbell made a motion to approve the permit application as presented with the addition of the language that one of the two wells serve as a monitor well if need be. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed unanimously, 5-0-0.
- Discussion and action on an application for an operating permit for a new well. The Applicants, Ralph and Annabelle Lindner are requesting 89.7 acre feet annually from the proposed well. The water will be used to for irrigation use at 47A Old Comfort Road in Comfort, TX. After discussion, Director Eldredge motioned to approve the permit as presented authorizing GM Voulgaris to amend the permit based what aquifer is ultimately utilized. The motion was seconded by Director Bloxsom and passed unanimously, 5-0-0.
- (Taken out of order after Item 11)
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. GM Voulgaris provided Dave Knollhoff’s meteorological update
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in ‘Year-Round Best Management Practices.’
- Subcommittee updates. No updates
- Management Plan. GM Voulgaris noted that the entire staff was working on the updated management plan.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Presentation on a water quality monitoring system by Eric Filter from Ketos. Eric Filter from Ketos gave a brief presentation on a water quality program.
- The Board took a 5 minute recess.
- 2019 Legislative update. District Legal Counsel Monique Norman provided a summary of groundwater legislation. Director Michalec provided an update on HB1806.
- Discussion and action on paving the remainder of the driveway at the District office. Micah presented the Board with an estimate to finish paving the driveway at the District office. The estimate was for $11,000 or approximately $2.50 a square foot. Director Bloxsom made a motion to authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract not to exceed $11,500 to complete the work, with the addition that he and Director Campbell review the contract before signing and allocate the funds from the appropriate budget item. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and carried unanimously.
- Correspondence. No correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, July 8, 2019 at 6:00 P.M. A GMA9 meeting will be held on Monday, June 17th, 2019 at 10:00 A.M. at the District Office.
- Adjournment. Director Bloxsom made a motion to adjourn at 8:07 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Eldredge and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF