THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
July 11, 2016
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann-At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:06 M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Heath Hoffman led attendees in the Pledge of
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors
- Public comment.
Mr. Fowler spoke in opposition of the proposed KWU permit applications. Mr. Gibbs spoke in opposition of the proposed KWU permit applications. Mr. Kyle spoke in opposition of the proposed KWU permit applications.
Mr. Lewis read Item 8 aloud. He questioned when will there be a public hearing and when will Board action be taken.Mr. Stolle asked the Board questions on how they operate and determine how much water can be allotted.
Mr. Bloxsom spoke in opposition of the proposed KWU permit applications.
Mr. Fowler questioned when will the public get answers to the questions they have posed. Monique Norman spoke to clarify some issues.
Mr. Denbow spoke in opposition of the proposed KWU permit applications.
Mr. Yost spoke in opposition of the proposed KWU permit applications.
Judge Lux informed the public that the Board cannot speak and answer the questions that are being asked in Public Comment. He knows the burden is heavy and it’s a difficult situation.
- Consent Agenda: Item A will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and voted on separately. Director Campbell made a motion to approve the June 13, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes. The motion was seconded by director Webster and passed 4-0-1 with Director Schwab abstaining. Director Campbell made a motion to approve the remaining Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the June 13th, 2016 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Request from the Hill Country Alliance to replicate the CCGCD Water: Yours, Mine & Ours Manual for the Pedernales Watershed. GM Voulgaris read a letter from the Hill Country Alliance requesting permission to replicate the manual. GM Voulgaris stated the one of the purposes of creating the Manual was to create a document other entities could use. Director Michalec made a motion to allow the use of the manual by the Pedernales Watershed. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 5-0-0.
- Application to renew Operating Permit W1576. The Permittee, David and Theresa Harlan are permitted for 18 acre feet annually for irrigation use at 1007 FM 473. GM Voulgaris gave background information and the water conservation plan to the Board regarding the renewal of the Harlan’s operating permit for IW1576. Director Webster made a motion to approve the permit as presented. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 5-0-0.
- Discussion, with no public hearing nor Board action to be taken, regarding the Kendall West Utility permit application to drill a new well on a 550 acre tract being a portion of lot 2 in the Ranch Land Subdivision on Ranch Drive in Boerne. The subcommittee of Director Michalec, Director Campbell and GM Voulgaris has met and has begun communications with the District’s Attorney Monique Norman.
- Executive Session: Texas Government Code §551.071-to seek or receive attorney advice on legal matter regarding the Kendall West Utility permit application to drill a new well on a 1.550 acre tract being a portion of lot 2 in the Ranch Land Subdivision on Ranch Drive in Boerne. The Board moved in to executive session at 7:13 P.M. The Board returned from executive session at 8:52 P.M. Based on the executive session, the Board will add an agenda item at the next regular board meeting to address a hydrological study to determine the effects related to the proposed well and operating permit application by KWU.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the District’s report.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Year Round Best Management Practices.
- Meteorological update. No update
- GMA Two of the other districts in GMA 9 have communicated that they will not have any money budgeted for the next fiscal year.
- Subcommittee updates.
Real Estate Subcommittee update – Kendall County will notify the District in writing of that the office space lease will move to a month to month basis at the conclusion of the current lease.
- 2016 Texas Hydro-Geo Workshop. The Board will address at the August meeting.
- Possible Region L funding. Director Dietzmann informed the Board that the annual budget to produce the state water plan is roughly 1.1 million. The state does not assist with administrative costs. Region Lis seeking assistance for $58,000 over the next 5 year cycle from the districts in Region L. Director Dietzmann made a recommendation to donate $10,000 toward the project at $2,500 per year for the next 5 years. Director Dietzmann made a motion to agree to participate in this 5th cycle of planning beginning in January of 2017 with a donation of $2,500 for the next 4 years to reach $10,000. A budget line item will be created to account for the contribution. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
- 2016 Rainwater Revival. Director Michalec informed the Board that the Hill Country Alliance is hosting the event on November 7, 2016 in Dripping Springs. Director Michalec made a recommendation to donate $3,000 towards the 2016 Rainwater Director Campbell made a motion to accept Director Michalec’ s recommendation for the $3,000 sponsorship. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 5-0-0. Director Dietzmann noted that the donation will be appropriated out of the budgeted line item: Education – 6125.
- Creation of the 2016-2017 Budget Subcommittee. Director Dietzmann and Director Schwab will serve on the
- Correspondence. No correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting will be held Monday, August 8, 2016. Future agenda items include the Hydro-Geo Workshop and the study of the hydrological effects of the proposed well by KWU.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 9:19 pm. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF