THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
July 10, 2017
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Directors Absent: N/A
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:05 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. GM Voulgaris led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors present.
- Public comment. Mr. Walker noted this is his first meeting and he was present as he has an interest in the subject of water.
- Consent Agenda. Director Campbell made a motion to approve Consent Agenda Items B, C, and D as Directors Michalec and Dietzmann were not in attendance for Agenda Item A. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0. Director Campbell made a motion to approve Consent Agenda Item A. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-2 with Directors Michalec and Dietzmann abstaining as they were not in attendance for that meeting.
- Approval of minutes from the June 12th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations repor
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. GM Voulgaris provided Mr. Knollhoff’s predictions.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 1.
- GMA 9. There will be a managers meeting July 24, 2017.
- Subcommittee updates. Director Dietzmann (on the Real Estate Subcommittee) noted the mobile home currently located at 9 Topperwein Road will be moved July 15th, 2017. GM Voulgaris will reach out to Monique Norman to discuss rules and create a timeframe to update the District’s rules. The Budget Subcommittee will meet prior to the August 14, 2017 Regular Meeting.
- 4th Annual Texas Hydro~Geo Workshop. The water tanks have been ordered and work has begun to get the tanks prepped for the workshop
- Possible sponsorship of the 2017 Rainwater Revival. Director Michaelc made a motion to support the Rainwater Revival at $2,500 level. The motion was seconded Director Dietzmann and passed 5-0-0.
- Texas Heritage Bank account update. Director Dietzmann made a motion to release the pledge of the security that matures July 14, 2017 and replace the pledge with a letter of credit from the Federal Home Loan Bank. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 5-0-0.
- Correspondence. GM Voulgaris has written the River Mountain Ranch POA regarding the dam for recreational use within the subdivision and indicated the District is in opposition of using groundwater for filling the dam due to evaporation.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, August 14, 2017 at 6:00 P.M. The Board will have a Budget Workshop on August 14, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
- Adjournment. Director Webster made a motion to adjourn at 7:00 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF