Notice of an Open Meeting of the
Groundwater Management Area 9 Joint Planning Committee
Monday, January 25, 2021 at 9:00 AM
Please use the following link to register for the meeting:
GMA 9 is inviting you to a scheduled Virtual Telephone and Video Zoom meeting.
Time: Jan 25, 2021 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 879 1615 4376
Join by phone at
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 879 1615 4376
Notice is hereby given that the groundwater conservation districts located wholly or partially within Groundwater Management Area (GMA) 9, as designated by the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB), consisting of Bandera County River Authority and Ground Water District, Barton Springs/Edwards Aquifer Conservation District, Blanco-Pedernales Groundwater Conservation District, Comal Trinity Groundwater Conservation District, Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District, Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District, Headwaters Groundwater Conservation District, Medina County Groundwater Conservation District, Southwestern Travis County Groundwater Conservation District, and the Trinity Glen Rose Groundwater Conservation District will hold a Joint Planning meeting at 9:00 AM on Monday, January 25, 2021.
Notice is hereby given that, in accordance with Governor Abbott’s March 16, 2020, action to temporarily suspend certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act, a GMA 9 Joint Planning Meeting will be held via telephone and video conference call beginning at 9:00 AM on Monday, January 25, 2021. Any member of the public who wishes to participate remotely may do so through the remote access options provided above. If you have any difficulties in registering for this meeting, please contact:
Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District
Discussion and/or possible action may occur on the following business matters:
- Call to Order.
- Receipt of Posted Meeting Notices.
- Approval of June 17, 2019, November 18, 2019, and December 14, 2020 GMA 9 Meeting Minutes.
- Texas Water Development Board updates, comments, or communications.
- Individual District updates, comments, or communications if necessary.
- Receive report on recommendations from work group and take possible action regarding SWTCGCD contribution to fund GMA 9 2022 DFC Joint Planning Cycle.
- Receive report on recommendations from work group and take possible action regarding resolution to amend the boundary between GMA 8 and GMA 9 in Travis County.
- Receive report from TWDB and discuss possible resolution to amend the boundary between GMA 9 and GMA 10 in Hays and Travis counties.
- Receive report on status of 2022 DFC Joint Planning Cycle, including schedule. (consulting team)
- Receive presentations on, and discussion of, Texas Water Code §§ 36.108(d)(6) – 36.108(d)(9) regarding socioeconomic impacts, private property rights impacts, DFC feasibility, and other relevant information factors as they relate to DFC consideration and adoption. (consulting team)
- Public Comment.
- Next meeting date, location, and future agenda items.
Further information, questions, or comments concerning any aspect of this meeting should be directed to:
Mr. Ron Fieseler, GMA 9 Planning Committee Chairman
c/o Blanco-Pedernales Groundwater Conservation District
601 West Main, P.O. Box 1516, Johnson City, TX 78636
(830) 868-9196 (office no.), (830) 708-5020 (cell no.), or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Agenda as PDF
GMA9 Open Meeting January 2021