THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
January 11, 2021
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)Arrived during public comment
- Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:01 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Eldredge
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with all Directors present.
- Public comment: N/A
- Consent Agenda: Motion was made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Webster, approved 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the December 14th, 2020 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the December 14th, 2020 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: GM Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological/ET study update, Dave Knollhoff: GM Micah Voulgaris presented Mr. Knollhoff’s report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining at Stage 2.
- Subcommittee Updates: N/A
- GMA 9, Explanatory Report cost sharing: Meeting on January 25th, discussion of cost sharing with Southwest Travis District. Motion made by Director Campbell to assist Southwest Travis District, seconded by Director Michalec, approved 5-0-0.
- Region L: N/A
- Discussion and possible action on Rulemaking: Staff member Heath Hoffman went through proposed rule changes and comments received from area drillers. Rule changes will be voted on at February meeting.
- Camp Bullis Sentinel Landscape – Memorandum of Partnership (MOP) signature: Director Michalec discussed possible support. Motion made by Director Webster, seconded by Director Campbell, approved 5-0-0.
- Discussion and possible action on a Resolution in Favor of the Development of Environmental and Conservation Best Management Practices: GM Micah Voulgaris presented resolution to the Board. Motion made by Director Michalec, seconded by Director Bloxsom, approved 5-0-0.
- Correspondence: Texas 4-H Youth Water Ambassador program. Summary of survey conducted by Rep. Kyle Biedermann’s office.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: GMA9 Meeting on January 25th. Board Meeting is scheduled for February 8th at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:31 P.M.
Download as PDF