THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
January 11, 2016
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Don Dietzmann-At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab -District 3 (Treasurer)
Milan Michalec -District 2 (President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Dietzmann called the meeting to order at 6:03 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance, Director Webster led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 3 directors present. Director Michalec and Director Campbell were not in attendance.
- Public comment. Commissioner Pfeiffer inquired regarding the rule making subcommittee status of the CCGCD Board and the Kendall County Commissioners Court.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the consent agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 3-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the December 14th, 2015 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expemies and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates: Director Webster made a motion to spend up to $100 out of the Directors’ Discretionary fund to take the necessary steps to show respect for Director Michalec’s father’s passing.
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staffs monthly update. The Board addressed the rulemaking subcommittee with Kendall County. Director Webster along with Director Michalec will find a time in the near future to meet with Commissioner Pfeiffer to work on CCGCD rules and how they work with Kendall County’s rules.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Stage 1 Drought Restrictions.
- Meteorological update. Mr. Knollhoff provided his update.
- GMA 9. No update.
- Action regarding District vehicle. The 2007 Fl 50 has a damaged bumper and front grill. The damage has been reviewed by TML, the District’s auto policy provider. Director Webster made a motion to spend up to $2,000 to make the vehicle useable out of the Lease/Purchase 6215 line item. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 3-0-0.
- Update to 2015-2016 budget designated reserves. GM Voulgaris updated the Board on the current state of the budgeted reserves. Director Dietzmann and Director Schwab will review the reserves as a subcommittee and present to the Board at the next meeting.
- Update from the real property subcommittee. Director Schwab updated the Board on real property.
- Closed Session: Deliberation regarding real property (§551.072). The Board moved into closed session at 7:19 P.M. The Board moved back into open session at 7:38 P.M.
- Action relevant to items discussed in closed session. No action required at this time. The Board will hold a real property workshop at 4:00 P.M. on Monday, February 8, 2016.
- Correspondence. Director Webster presented the Board a letter that he composed to be sent to The Kendall County Farm Bureau in response to the letter received by the District. The Board will review the letter and provide feedback to GM Voulgaris in order to get a finalized letter drafted and sent off.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The General Election will need to be ordered at the Monday, February 8, 2016 Regular Board Meeting. USGS would like to present to the Board mapping geological features in the county in the near future. There will be a Real Property Workshop at 4:00 P.M. on Monday, February 8, 2016, prior to the Regular Meeting.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 7:50 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-0.
Download Agenda as PDF