THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
February 11, 2019
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:05 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance Heath Hoffman led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum All Directors were present.
- Public Comment None offered.
- Consent Agenda Director Campbell made a motion to approve items B, C, and D from the consent agenda. The motion carried 5-0-0. Director Campbell them made a motion to approve item A from the consent agenda, which was seconded by Director Michalec and carried 4-0-1, with Director Webster abstaining.
- Approval of minutes from the January 14th, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Payroll. employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Discussion and action on an application for an operating permit for a new well. The Applicant, Corvara West, LLC is requesting 24.08 acre feet annually from the proposed well. The water will be used to support the operations of a concrete batch plant and provide potable water to the office building (15 employees) at 238 State Highway 46 in Boerne, TX 78006. Director Campbell recused himself from the vote and discussion since he has a business relationship with Corvara West. GM Voulgaris presented the application. Director Michalec then received public comment. Bonnie Clanin, Laura Grote, Richard Heard, Lance Kyle, John Laurbach, Denise Lindeman, Mr. Singler, Lisa Katman, Pam Young and Linn Kattman all spoke in opposition to the permit. Director Bloxsom made a motion to approve the operating permit as presented for 23.68 acre feet annually. Director Michalec seconded the motion which passed 4-0-1.
- Discussion and action on an application for an operating permit for a new well. The Applicant, Hill Country Fence and Ranch is requesting 598,600 gallons annually from the new well. The water will be used to support the operations of a small shop and office as well as four (4) manufactured homes at 50 Rust Lane in Boerne, TX 78006. GM Voulgaris presented the application. Director Campbell made a motion to approve the application with the addition of language to meter both uses of the well (2 meters), which Director Eldredge seconded. The motion passed 5-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report GM Voulgaris presented staffs monthly report.
- Meteorological update GM Voulgaris presented Dave Knollhoff’s monthly meteorological report.
- Current drought stage Based on staff’s recommendation, Director Campbell made a motion to move into Year Round Conservation (stage 0), which was seconded by Director Bloxsom.
- Subcommittee updates N/A
- 2019 Legislative update GM Voulgaris presented the Board with a legislative tracking matrix.
- Correspondence N/A
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics The next regular meeting will be held on March 11, 2019
- Adjournment Director Webster motioned to adjourn at 8:14 P.M. which was seconded by Director Campbell and carried 5-0-0.
Download as PDF