THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
December 14, 2020
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)Arrived during public comment
- Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:02P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Campbell
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with four Directors present.
- Public comment: Donna Taylor – would like to see more protection of groundwater recharge and natural features.
- Consent Agenda: Motion made by Director Campbell to approve the consent agenda, seconded by Director Webster, approved 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the November 9th, 2020 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: GM Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological/ET study update, Dave Knollhoff: GM Micah Voulgaris presented Mr. Knollhoff’s report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining at Stage 2
- Subcommittee Updates: N/A
- GMA 9: GM Micah Voulgaris gave an update on GMA 9 meeting.
- Region L: N/A
- Discussion on District involvement with Texans for Responsible Aggregate Mining (TRAM), Cliff Kaplan: Mr. Kaplan explained TRAM, their goals and answered questions posed by the board.
- Discussion on Rulemaking: GM Micah Voulgaris recapped rulemaking workshop.
- Correspondence: Resignation letter from Director Eldredge. He has moved from his current precinct, is half through his term and is willing to stay on through his term in a hold-over position. Motion made by Director Bloxsom to keep Director Eldredge on the Board until the next election, seconded by Director Webster, approved 4-0-1, Director Eldredge abstained. Collier Consulting-Hydros Database System, custom software design for district use. Plat for The Reserve At Fair Oaks Ranch. Email from Gregory Ellis, possibility of Groundwater Conservation Districts being consolidated.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: Rule proposals and possible legislation proposal in support of TRAM, Board Meeting is scheduled for January 11th at 6:00P.M.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:48 P.M.
Download as PDF