THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
December 14, 2015
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Don Dietzmann-At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Dietzmann called the meeting to order at 6:12 P.M
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Webster led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 3 directors present. Director Michalec and Director Campbell were not in attendance.
- Public comment. No public comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the consent agenda with the exception of item 5d. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 3-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the November 9th, 2015 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the November 16th 2015 Workshop
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Presentation by District Meteorologist David Knollhoff on the possible addition of an evapotranspiration gauge to the CoCoRaHS network to be sponsored by the District. Mr. Knollhoff explained evapotranspiration and the importance of tracking. Mr. Knollhoffwill continue to gather data and information to make gauge feasible. The item will be readdressed at a future meeting as more items come into place to make the gauge a feasible option.
- Update from the real property subcommittee. Director Schwab provided the Board an update on building schematics. Director Dietzmann informed the Board on MLS listings in the area and the possibility of renting space at a different location.
- Update and possible action on the District’s website overhaul. GM Voulgaris informed the Board on a letter that needs to be signed in order to move forward with the website. Heath provided further information on the current work done on the website. Director Webster made a motion to sign the letter necessary to move forward. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 3-0-0. Director Dietzmann made a motion to transfer $8300.00 from the technology designated reserve and transfer to line item 6080, website. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 3-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates: Ensure that the financials reflect the changes made to the budget in website expenditures.
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s update.
- Current drought stage. Director Webster made a motion to move to Stage 1 Drought Restrictions. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 3- 0-0.
- Meteorological update. Mr. Knollhoff provided the meteorological update. El Nino is still in place; Mr. Knollhoff estimates approximately 40 inches of rainfall from October 2015 – March 2016. The El Nino max has not yet been observed.
- GMA 9. The public comment period is open till the end of December on proposed possible DFC’s.
- Rules subcommittee update. Kendall County Commissioners Court needs to re appoint a new representative for the rules subcommittee due to the passing of Commissioner Steubing.
- Correspondence. The District received a letter from the Kendall County Farm Bureau. Director Webster has a letter he’s drafted he’d like to share with staff and Director Michalec to then move forward in formulating a letter together to send out to the Farm Bureau. Director Webster made a motion to respond to the letter received concerning the best management practices from the Farm Bureau and any other involved parties. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 3-0-0.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next regular meeting of the Board of Directors will be Monday, January 11, 2016. USGS will come to a future meeting, perhaps in February or March, to discuss mapping Kendall County.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 7:53P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-0.
Download as PDF