THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
December 12, 2016
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer) Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell -District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Directors Absent: N/A
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of GM Voulgaris led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with all 5 directors present.
- Public No public comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the Consent The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the November 14th 2016 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the November 21st, 2016 Special Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the November 28th 2016 Special Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly GM Voulgaris provided the staff s report.
- Current drought The District will remain in ‘Year Round Best Management Practices.’
- Meteorological Mr. Knollhoff provided his update.
- GMA The DFC’s submitted to TWDB have been accepted. GMA 9 is awaiting the MAG numbers from TWDB and will meet again in the New Year.
- Subcommittee No update.
- Update on draft proposed revisions to the District’s rules, including required statutory amendments. GM Voulgaris provided the Board an update on the state of the revisions that Monique Norman has been working on. The Board will hold a rulemaking workshop on January 9, 2017 at 4:00 P.M to address statutory changes necessary to be in compliance.\
- Authorize purchase of new office furniture. Director Schwab made a motion to authorize $2,500 be moved into the FY 16-17 Budget line item (6160) Office Furniture and Fixtures out of the designated reserves of Office Equipment. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
- Executive Session: Texas Government Code §551.072 – deliberation regarding real property The Board moved into Executive Session at 6:39 P.M. The Board returned from Executive Session at 7:18 P.M.
- Action relevant to items discussed in closed session. Director Campbell made a motion to approve GM Voulgaris to move into the lease agreement at 221 Water Street with the amendments made to the lease. This includes payment of $2,381.00 for a security deposit and the first month’s rent payment of $2,381.00. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0. Director Webster made a motion to allow staff to hire a moving company to accomplish the office relocation as well as other necessary actions to make the new office location operational (utilities/phones/internet) an amount not to exceed $5,000.00. Director Dietzmann noted to have monies necessary for this to come out of budget line item 6130. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 5-0-0. Director Campbell made a motion to sign the letter from the City of Boerne and to move forward with the process of getting a Certificate of Occupancy and use approval. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 5-0-0.
- Correspondence. No correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next regular meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be January 9, 2016 at 6:00 P.M. The Board will meet the same day at 4:00 P.M for a Rulemaking Workshop.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 7:28 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF