THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
December 10th, 2018
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance Heath Hoffman led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum A quorum was reached with four Directors present.
- Public comment none offered
- Appointment of new District 3 Director A motion was made by Director Campbell to accept the resignation of previous District 3 Director Bobby Schwab who resigned on June 21st of 2018. Director Webster seconded the motion which carried 4-0-0.
- Oath of Office for the newly appointed Director Kendall County Clerk Darlene Herrin administered the Oath of Office and swore in Ben Eldridge as the District 3 Director for the remainder of the unexpired term.
- Election of Officers Director Webster made a motion to elect Director Eldridge as the Assistant Secretary/Treasurer of the Board. Director Bloxsom seconded the motion which passed 5-0-0.
- Variance Requests:
- Request for relief from Rule 4.1. The requestor, Jason Minge is seeking a variance from Rule 4.1 since he originally paid the $500 registration fee in of August 2016 at 103 Mountain Creek Trail. The drilling authorization expired in 2017. GM Voulgaris provided background on the well registration. After discussion, Director Webster motioned to refund the $500 application fee contingent upon a new application being filed with the District. Director Campbell seconded the motion which passed 5-0-0.
- Request for relief from Rule 10.4.B. The requestor, Constance Schuchardt is seeking to put a second domestic well on a 6.27 acre tract located at 133 Emerald Hill. GM Voulgaris provided background on the request for relief. After discussion, Director Campbell made a motion to deny the request to place a second exempt well on the 6.27 acre tract. Director Bloxsom seconded the motion which carried 5-0-0.
- Consent Agenda: Motion by Director Bloxsom to approve the consent agenda. Seconded by Director Campbell and carries 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the November 13th, 2018 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report – Micah provided staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update
- Current drought stage
- Subcommittee updates The Board discussed holding a rulemaking workshop in February.
- Pending operating permits
- Kendall Gateway Study/Texas Speleological Society The Board requested that the District mail a copy of the Societies Cave map to the city and county along with a copy of our current rules.
- Update and possible action on the New Office Building at the #9 Toepperwein property. No action requested or taken.
- Correspondence None received
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics The CCGCD Board of Directors will hold a Regular Meeting on Monday, January 14, 2019 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment Director Michalec made a motion to adjourn at 5:50 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF