THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
August 8, 2016
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann-At Large (Vice President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:05 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Lindsey Minarcik led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 4 directors present. Director Webster was not in attendance.
- Public comment. Public comment will be addressed at Item #7.
- Consent Agenda: Director Dietzmann made a motion to make a modification to ‘Item G’ in the Regular Meeting Minutes from July 11, 2016. Director Dietzmann made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda after staff changes the minutes to reflect contributions to Region L over a 4 Director Campbell seconded the motion with a vote of 3-0-0 with Director Schwab abstaining.
- Approval of minutes from the July 11th, 2016 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the July 11th, 2016 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- 2016-2017 Draft Budget — Set a date for Budget Workshop. GM Voulgaris noted a Public Hearing will need to be posted no later than August 23, 2016. The Board will meet for a Budget Workshop on August 17, 2016 at 3:00 M.
- Discussion and possible action regarding the engagement of a hydrology firm to conduct a hydro-geologic study to determine the effect of drawdown and recovery on adjacent wells related to the Kendall West Utility operating permit application.
GM Voulgaris read the proposal obtained from LBG Guyton. Comments and questions regarding the proposal will be sent to LBG Guyton for clarification. A letter was sent to KWU to indicate what is needed for their application to be administratively complete via the District’s attorney. The Board is awaiting an updated application from KWU.
Public comment was offered under this item:
- Mr. Asher: Deferred to Mr. Bloxsom
- Mr. Lewis: Deferred to Mr. Bloxsom
- Mr. Bloxsom: Indicated that he likes where the study described above is going. He would like to offer his and his neighbors wells to the study to receive a more comprehensive analysis.
- Mr. Elkins: Thanked the Board for what they do and would like the model done before any decisions are made.
- Mr. Fowler: Indicated that Tapatio was to be developed with surface water only. He stated a monitor well must be on the proposed KWU property to get accurate information. Director Schwab clarified the development Mr. Fowler is referring to is named Miralomas.
- Mr. Gibbs: Referenced the Medina/Briggs Case as case law regarding this matter.
- Mr. Kight – Clarified that the above proposal is strictly a paper analysis. Mr. Kight suggested also adding a test well and pump test to see draw down and recovery and monitor the well to see what happens. Mr. Kight recommended anyone who’s well is not registered to contact the District to get their well registered.
- Mr. Kruse – The District was set up for the citizens of Kendall County not for businesses, perhaps the vision has been blurred.
- Mr. Kyle – Indicated that he owns Cascade Caverns and Cascade Caverns Road has been developed poorly. Quoted a comment from the June 17, 2016 Boerne Star.
- Mr. Martin: passed, felt represented.
- Mr. Yost: passed, nothing else to add.
- District activities & subcommittee updates: The Board moved to a quick break at 7:04 M and moved back into order at 7:11 P.M.
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staffs
- Current drought stage. Director Dietzmann made a motion to move to Stage 1. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 4-0-0.
- Meteorological update. Mr. Knollhoff gave his update.
- GMA 9. GM Voulgaris has been in touch with Rima Petrossin at TWDB. They are calculating MAG numbers for all relevant aquifers in Kendall County (Ellenburger and Hickory).
- Subcommittee updates. The Operating Permit subcommittee will meet before next meeting.
- 2016 Texas Hydro-Geo Workshop. This event will be held September 30th – October 2nd at Cave Without a Name. Director Campbell and staff will be in a attendance. The sign up deadline is September 1st.
- Correspondence. None entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The Board will hold a Budget Workshop on August 17, 2016 at 3:00 P.M. The next Regular Meeting and Public Hearing of the Board of Directors will be September 12, 2016 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 7:40. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF