THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
August 13, 2018
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:02 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Heath Hoffman led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with four Directors present. Director Schwab was not in attendance.
- Public comment. No comment offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the July 9th, 2018 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- 2018-2019 Draft Budget. Director Campbell made a motion to adopt the budget GM Voulgaris presented to the Board. Director Campbell and Director Webster will meet as a subcommittee Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 4:00 P.M. to work on the adopted budget, which will need to be posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2018. Director Bloxsom seconded the motion and passed 4-0-0.
- Update and possible action on the New Office Building at the #9 Toepperwein property. Plumbing and slab work has commenced. The well at the property needs some maintenance; GM Voulgaris will contact someone to address the issues.
- Publicity and Enforcement of Drought Stages. Director Webster spoke on what he’s been hearing regarding water troubles. The Board heard from Kendall County residents
- Tom Adelstein – Mr. Adelstein spoke on the Kendall Gateway a proposed TX Dot bypass of Boerne. He is concerned that there may be recharge features in the area that may be impacted if a road is created and how that would affect the water in the county. Director Webster recommended reaching out to Donna Taylor with the Cibolo Nature Center and see what she knows on the subject.
- Roberta Churchin – Ms. Churchin thanked the Board for protecting the groundwater of Kendall County. She noted she has been seeing a lot of new and existing homes with green lawns while there has been a shortage of rainfall. She would like to see more be done to bring knowledge of the drought stages to residents and impose consequences on those who are wasting water or using it improperly.
- Cynthia Lyons – Ms. Lyons noted she would also speak to Ms. Churchin’s points. She would like to see CCGCD more in front of people and educate residents on the drought stages.
- James Pospisil – Mr. Pospisil indicated that he resides on Wollschlaeger Drive in Kendall County. He noted that 5 private wells have stopped pumping in the subdivision he live in, and he specifically had to have his pump lowered in order to have water at his home. He questioned if near by wells owned by the City of Boerne or KWU could be impacting his neighborhood.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. No update.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 3.
- Subcommittee updates. Operating Permit Subcommittee:
- The District ran the camera down the well at the Vulcan property. The well is usable at this time from the findings.
- Hill Country Daily Bread has turned in an application to drill a well and to apply for an operating permit. This will be addressed at the September regular meeting
- Kendall County Cowboy Church has submitted an application for a well and operating permit for a property off FM 289.
- The District received 3 application for test wells at the Pfeiffer property off Ammann Road.
- Correspondence. No correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The CCGCD Board of Directors will hold a Regular Meeting and Public Hearing on Monday, September 10, 2018. The Board will hold a Budget Workshop at 4:00 P.M. Monday, September 10, 2018, prior to the Regular Meeting.
- Adjournment. Director Bloxsom made a motion to adjourn at 7:24 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF