THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
August 12, 2019
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance Director Michalec led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance
- Establishment of a Quorum A quorum was established with four directors present
- Public comment None offered
- Consent Agenda: A motion was made by Director Campbell to approve the consent agenda which was second by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the July 8th, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report Micah presented Staff’s monthly report
- Meteorological update Micah presented Mr. Knollhoff’s report
- Current drought stage Motion was made by Director Campbell to move to Stage 1, which was seconded by Director Webster.
- Management Plan A workshop will be held on the management plan on September 9ft at 2:00 P.M.
- Subcommittee updates N/A
- Discussion and action of the 2019-2020 budget The Board held a workshop on the 2019 – 2020 draft budget earlier in the day. Director Campbell made a motion to propose the 2019- 2020budget as presented (Revenue of $431,000, Expenses of $421.,329, Reserve of $10,270) funded by a ½ cent per $100 ad valorem property tax. The motion was seconded by Director Eldredge and passed 4-0-0. The Board will hold a Public Hearing on the proposed budget and tax rate at the September 9th, 2019 regular meeting.
- Discussion and action on cataloging sinkholes and recharge features The Board discussed setting up a database to catalog recharge features
- Correspondence None to review
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics The Board will hold a workshop on September 9th at 2:00 P.M. The Regular Meeting and a public hearing will be held at 6:00 P.M. on the same day.
- Adjournment. A motion was made by Director Webster to adjourn at 6:51, P.M. and was seconded by Director Eldredge. The motion passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF