THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
April 9, 2018
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Campbell led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with all five directors present
- Public comment. No comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve item 5.a. Director Campbell seconded the motion which carried 4-0-1 with Director Michalec abstaining due to his absence at the March 12th meeting. Director Dietzmann made a motion to approve items 5.b., 5.c., and 5.d. Director Campbell seconded the motion which carried 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the March 12th, 2018 Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Update on #9 Toepperwein property by Peter Lewis. Architect Peter Lewis provided the Board with an update on the construction drawings, which should be complete around April 20th. Director Michalec made a motion to authorize the subcommittee to move forward on the bid process as they see fit. Director Schwab seconded the motion which passed 5-0-0.
- Discussion and possible action to establish the source of funding and estimated preliminary maximum budget expenditure to fund the construction of new building at #9 Toepperwein Road. The Board reviewed line item #6300 from the current budget, allocating $325,000 for construction of the new office. Director Campbell made a motion to iterate the source of the funds. Director Dietzmann seconded the motion which carried 5-0-0.
- Order canceling the 2018 Cow Creek GCD Director’s Election. GM Voulgaris read the order cancelling the May 2018 Director’s Election. Director Dietzmann made a motion to adopt the Order as presented which was seconded by Director Webster and carried 5-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. GM Voulgaris read Dave Knollhoff’s Report
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 2.
- GMA 9 update. None provided.
- Management Plan. GM Voulgaris gave a report on the update of the management plan.
- Subcommittee updates. No updates.
- Proposed WCID#3. Director Michalec gave a report on the proposed WCID and recommended GM Voulgaris draft a letter to the City of Boerne expressing the District’s concerns.
- Review and possible action of last completed audit performed by Neffendorf & Knopp, P.C. The Board reviewed the last completed audit. Director Campbell made a motion to authorize staff to engage Neffendorf & Knopp P.C. to complete the audits for 2015, 2016 and 2017 and to allocate $3000 from line item #6100 and to allocate $5900 from reserve to cover the difference. Director Schwab seconded the motion which carried 5-0-0.
- Correspondence. No correspondence was reviewed.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics
- July 2018 Regular Meeting reschedule.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn which was seconded by Director Campbell and passed unanimously.
Download as PDF