THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
April 8, 2019
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order The meeting was called to order at 6:02 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance Heath Hoffman led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum All Directors were present
- Public comment None offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell motioned to approve items 8. C. D. and E of the consent agenda. The motion was seconded by Bob Webster and passed 5-0-0. Director Campbell motioned to approve item A. from the consent agenda. which was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-1 with Director Michalec abstaining due to his absence.
- Approval of minutes from the March 11th, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the February 11th, 2019 Workshop
- Pay roll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Variance Request – TR Drilling and Service on behalf of DTB Investments is requesting relief from District Rule 5.4.L. The driller plans to e-log all proposed new wells on the property to ensure compliance with the prohibition of producing from the Edwards-Trinity (Plateau) Aquifer at 9198 Ranger Creek Road. Staff provided an overview of the req uested relief. After discussion Director Webster made a motion to grant a variance to Rule 5.4.L for the propetty located at 9198 Ranger Creek. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell. The motion passes 5-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly reportGM Voulgaris gave Staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update Dave Knollhoff’s report was reviewed.
- Current drought stage The District remains in Year Round Conservation
- Subcommittee updates/Rulemaking The Board will hold a rulemaking workshop before the regular May meeting.
- Management Plan GM Voulgaris is working on the update to the management plan.
- Cibolo Preserve update GM Voulgaris will begin bringing the Directors in pairs to visit the Cibolo Preserve.
- Property improvements at 9 Toepperwein GM Voulgaris requested that the Board begin thinking about what type of improvements the District would 1ike to accomplish at the new District Office
The District took a recess from 7:05 to 7:09
- Discussion and action on the KCWCID #3 The Board reviewed a letter drafted by Director Michalec. The letter was modified and Director Campbell motioned for Staff to send the letter to the District’s legislative representatives. the City of Boerne and Kendall County. The motion was seconded by Director Bloxsom and carried 5-0-0
- 2019 Legislative update GM Voulgaris provided an update on legislative activities.
- Discussion and possible action regarding the possibility of recording future CCGCD Board meetings Director Eldredge presented information compiled on A/V equipment for the District.
- Correspondence GM Voulgaris presented the last month’s correspondence.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics A workshop on Rulemaking will be held on May 1 3. 201 9 at 4:00 P.M. The Regular meeting will begin at 6:00 P.M. on the same day.
- Adjournment Director Michalec motioned to adjourn at 7:55 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Bloxsom and passed 5-0-0
- MINUTES APPROVED:
Download as PDF