THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
April 13, 2015
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster- District 1 (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:02 M.
- Pledge of of Allegiance. Heath Hoffman led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors
- Public comment. No public comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Dietzmann made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the March 9, 2015 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Variance Request: GM Voulgaris provided information to the Board related to the variance request. Mr. and Mrs. Jernigan were in attendance and provided further explanation for their request. After discussion Director Campbell made a motion to accept the staffs recommendation to deny the variance as the owner has enough acreage to drill a well on adjacent property. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
- Morris and Janell Jernigan are requesting relief from District Rule 10.4 at 101 Lost Valley in Boerne.
- Operating Permit Applications:
- Application to renew and amend the Joshua Creek Ranch Operating Permit at 120 Cravey Road in Boerne. The Permittee is requesting to amend the irrigation use permit from 99 ac/ft/yr to 90.84 ac/ft/yr and amend the commercial use permit from 7.84 ac/ft/yr to 16.00 ac/ft/yr. Director Webster made a motion to approve the renewal and amendment for Joshua Creek Ranch. The permit is for a five year term with irrigation use allocated at 90.84 ac/ft annually and 16 ac/ft annually for commercial use. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 5-0-0.
- Application to renew the Clubs of Cordillera Ranch Operating Permit at 1092 Clubs Drive in Boerne. The Permittee is requesting 248.92 acre feet annually (148.92 for drought reduction purposes) for commercial, irrigation and construction use. Director Schwab made a motion to approve the permit as presented. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
- Application for an Operating Permit for well no. W6806 located at 20 Guthrie Road. The applicant, Kendall Plantation, LLC is requesting 780,000 gallons annually for commercial use. Director Webster made a motion to approve the permit for Kendall Plantation for 780,000 gallons annually for a five year term. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
- Consideration and action concerning the delinquent property tax in the amount of $4.12 on Lot 34, Oak Forest Subdivision, Unit The property will be conveyed to Andrew Rawls who will maintain and pay all future taxes on this property. Director Schwab made a motion to accept the staffs recommendation to accept the Rawls’ bid for $2,050.00 and authorize the Board President to sign the deed provided by the Kendall Appraisal District. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
- Rulemaking update. The Board discussed increasing well spacing distances and taking it up as a separate rulemaking item. The Board will meet for a workshop again prior to the next regular meeting for more rulemaking
- District activities:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staffs monthly
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage
- GMA 9. The next meeting will be April 27, 2015 at 10:00 A.M. in Dripping Springs.
- Watershed Stewardship Initiative update. No update.
- Website subcommittee. Heath Hoffman spoke with Kathy from Rudkin Productions and received a base proposal for the Board to to review.
- Creation of a Real Property subcommittee. Director Schwab and Director Dietzmann will compose the subcommittee.
- Line items added to the budget for the GMA9 Explanatory Report. Director Dietzmann made a motion to modify the budget to add an expense (6195-GMA 9 Explanatory Report) and revenue line (5990 – GMA 9 Explanatory Report Reimbursement) to reflect monies involved in the GMA9 Explanatory
- Correspondence. No correspondence.
- Future meeting dates and meeting The next Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of CCGCD will be held Monday, May 11, 2015 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 7:00 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
Download Agenda as PDF