THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
April 10, 2017
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
- Call to Order. Director Dietzmann called the meeting to order at 6:02 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Schwab led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with four Directors present. Director Michalec was not in attendance.
- Public comment. None offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve Consent Agenda items A, C, D and E. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0. Director Webster made a motion to approve Consent Agenda item B. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 3-0-1 with Director Schwab abstaining as he was not in attendance for that meeting.
- Approval of minutes from the March 13th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the March 20th, 2017 Special Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. Normal precipitation and above normal temperatures are expected for this spring per Dave Knollhoff.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in ‘Year Round Best Management Practices.’
- GMA 9. Director Webster made a motion to authorize GM Voulgaris to submit the GMA 9 correspondence naming Director Campbell as the District’s designated representative as well as the GMA 9 Region L liaison. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 4-0-0.
- Subcommittee updates. The District met with Kendall County regarding the District’s Rules and County Rules. The Rules’ Subcommittee will meet again April 25, 2017.
- Discussion and possible action on bills filed with the 85th Texas Legislature that affect the District. Attorney Monique Norman spoke about HB3677 and other groundwater bills that have the potential of affecting the District.
- Discussion and possible action on engaging a legislative consultant for the 85th Texas Legislature Session. Director Webster made a motion for GM Voulgaris and Director Dietzmann to have the authority to engage Mr. Cook (lobbyist) at their discretion should the need arise to protect the District and the citizens of Kendall County as a legislative consultant for the 85th Texas Legislature with a cost not to exceed $10,000. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Executive Session: Texas Government Code §551.072 – deliberation regarding real property. The Board moved into Executive Session at 7:20 P.M. The Board returned from Executive Session at 8:08 P.M.
- Action relevant to real property items discussed in closed session. Director Dietzmann made a motion for Director Campbell to contact and work with a surveyor to facilitate a development plat for submission to the City of Boerne at a cost not to exceed $7,500 paid through Designated Reserves: Facility Planning. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 4-0-0.
- Correspondence. No correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. GM Voulgaris will not be in attendance at the next regular meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors on May 8, 2017.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made motion to adjourn at 8:13 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF