NOTICE OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
KENDALL COUNTY, TEXAS
As required by Section 36.108(e), Texas Water Code, a meeting of the Groundwater Management Area 9 Joint Planning Committee, comprised of district representatives from the following groundwater conservation districts located wholly or partially within Groundwater Management Area 9: Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District, Barton Springs/Edwards Aquifer Conservation District, Blanco-Pedemales Groundwater Conservation District, Comal Trinity Groundwater Conservation District , Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District, Edwards Aquifer Authority, Headwaters Groundwater Conservation District, Hays-Trinity Groundwater Conservation District, Trinity-Glen Rose Groundwater Conservation District, and Medina County Groundwater Conservation District, will be held on Monday, April 4, 2016, at 10:00 am at the Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District, 440 FM 3240, Bandera, TX 78003 (830)796-7260.
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Public comment
- Consent Agenda:
a. Approval of minutes from the March 14, 2016 Regular Meeting
b. Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
c. Monthly financial report(s)
d. Monthly operations report
- Request for relief. Thomas J. Juern is requesting a variance from District Rule 10.4 at 106 Live Oak Pass.
- Operating Permits
a. Application for an Operating Permit for District Well No. PW7149. The Applicant, Five Oaks Holdings, LLC is requesting 4.75 acre feet annually for public water supply for two wedding reception facilities, landscape irrigation and domestic use at 56 Bella Springs Road, Boerne.
b. Application for an Operating Permit for District Well No. PW6806. The Applicant, Kendall Plantation, LLC is requesting 2.5 acre feet annually for public water supply for a wedding reception facility and landscape irrigation at 20 Guthrie Road, Boerne.
c. Application for an Operating Permit for District Well No. PW7054. The Applicant, 46 Crossing, LLC is requesting 2.75 acre feet annually for public water supply for the retail center at 1 FM 3351, Bergheim.
d. Application to renew the Operating Permit for District Well No. Wl013. The Permittee, Stephen and Vicki Schmidt are requesting 7 acre feet annually for domestic, commercial and livestock use at 242 SH 46 W, Boerne.
e. Application to renew the Operating Permit for District Well No. PW5286. The Permittee, Big Diamond, LLC is requesting 2.6 acre feet annually for public water supply use at 913 SH 46 E, Bergheim.
- Resolution declaring the District’s 2007 Ford F-150 (Vin: 1FTRX14W67KC40739) as salvage and authorize staff to take appropriate action to send the vehicle to auction.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
a. Monthly report
b. Current drought stage
c. Meteorological update
d. GMA 9
e. Website update
f. Hazardous Waste Day Update
g. Rulemaking subcommittee update
h. Real property subcommittee update
i. Replacement bumpers for District vehicles
- Closed Session: Deliberation regarding real property (§551.072)
- Action relevant to items discussed in closed session
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics
Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District General Manager
- The District may take a brief recess during the course of the meeting, depending upon the length of the meeting.
- The Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District is committed to compliance with the Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal opportunity for effective communications will be provided upon request. Please contact the District office at 830-816-2504 at least 24 hours in advance if accommodation is needed.
- Citizens who desire to address the Board on any matter may sign up to do so prior to the meeting. Public comments will be received during the Public Comment portion of the meeting. Please limit comments to 5 minutes.
- At any time during the meeting and in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Annotated, the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District Board may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney- client matters (§551. 071); deliberation regarding real property (§ 551.072); deliberation regarding prospective gift (§551.073); personnel matters (§551.074); and deliberation regarding security devices (§551.076).
Download Agenda as PDF